Are you passionate about sports, data, leading & building the best teams?
Solidsport is a growing company where we are committed to innovate and digitize the sport industry by making it possible for all sports on all levels to broadcast their games and events live – and make money from it.
Live streamed sport is what we at Solidsport know best and our vision is that all sports on all levels should be broadcasted live. We are convinced that live streamed sports inspire and encourage more movement and a better society.
Solidsport is now scaling up both nationally and globally, so that everyone can broadcast their sport live. As more and more sports join in on this digital journey - Solidsport wants to make sure everyone can save memories for life.
During 2020, more than 40.000 sport events were streamed live, and today we have passed the 1 million user mark in our platform.
We offer a fast pace in a developing environment where only our creativity sets the limits. Our office is located in newly built Stockholm 01, with great communications, a walk into the city and a breathtaking view.
About the role
As VP of Engineering, you will lead the development and engineering team of Solidsport, ensuring that we are continuously driving customer value and achieving predictability without compromising quality, security, and stability.
You will work closely with the CTO and peers in different departments to ensure that the product vision and tech strategies are realized through excellence in execution.
You will be responsible for defining the processes, tools, and KPIs used in the Engineering department - all with the goal to ensure quality and security in our solutions, while fostering a culture that promotes entrepreneurship and attracts talent.
Communicate and get buy-in from stakeholders on the engineering strategy for the platform, specifically how we build and deliver products on the platform.
Drive the delivery of Solidsport capabilities, in a predictable and high-quality way.
Hire, mentor, and retain developers & engineers and build a strong team that facilitates and drives continuous improvements together with relevant stakeholders.
Ensure the development team is agile, dynamic, and adaptable by refining processes as well as encouraging and fostering a culture where people feel inspired and motivated.
Be a customer facing leader, dealing with customer delivery challenges, and ensuring high customer retention.
Who are you?
You aspire to manage teams. You have great technical chops but prefer not to be a coding expert. You know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process and how to get the most out of your teams and you want to be essential to making sure the trains run on time.
Furthermore we believe you have:
- Experience from working with agile teams and collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders within an organisation.
- Knowledge of different software methodologies and an understanding for using them in a way to match the business needs.
- A thorough understanding of current technologies and framework.
- Significant experience of operations, and cloud technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in relevant field
- A proven track record of delivering a competitive product portfolio evolution and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high-achieving teams, preferably in growth or / and hyper growth environments.
- Strong leadership skills including vision-setting, goal setting, coaching, team building, empowerment, and cross-functional communication.
- Great communication skills and fluency in Swedish & English, verbal and written.
- A very important position at Solidsport where you will start to lead a team of full stack, front-end developers and engineers in order to further develop the existing platform.
- An environment with international colleagues, with a straight forward and high energy spirit.
- A chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact and be a part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
- An office with a great view, located just a short walking distance to the central parts of Stockholm.
- Generous health benefits and pension plan.
If this feels like something for you, please connect with us!